The Music Commission was established in February 2020.
The Music Commission aims to organize and advance the sector by cultivating local talent and expertise, embracing the industry’s cultural diversity and elevating its operation to international standards. The Commission will develop and implement a strategy and ensure comprehensive regulation of the sector.
The Music Commission envisions a future where our Nation will be known by its sound, where the power of music inspires confidence and trust, binding our people together, proud of our heritage and faithful in our future and where our voice will resonate in the world as a bridge across cultures.
To champion music in Saudi Arabia, fostering it as an art, culture, science and entertainment by providing access to musical education for everyone, regardless of age, skill and background. The Music Commission aims to support the development of a regional music production hub to drive socio-economic impact and attract local and international talent. The Commission also seeks to enable universal access to local and international performances, ensuring the wide distribution of artists’ work and elevating music to become an integral part of daily life, a fulfilling career and a source of national pride both locally and internationally. By developing a world-class regulatory infrastructure, the Music Commission is striving to protect the creativity of music professionals and drive the highest quality standards.
Mohammed Al-Mulhim is the CEO of the Music Commission.
- Universal access to music education regardless of age, skill and background
- Nurturing a regional music production hub, driving socio-economic impact and attracting local and international talent
- Providing broad access to local and international performances and ensuring the wide distribution of local artists’ work
- Elevating music as an integral part of people’s lifestyles and as a fulfilling career, enabling it to become a voice for national pride and heritage locally and internationally
- Ensuring world-class protection of the creativity of music professionals and driving the highest quality standards